Payment is due at the time of order.
The final price at checkout includes item cost plus shipping and handling, and sales tax where applicable. Any duties or brokerage fees on international orders are the responsibility of the buyer.
Cancellations for custom quilts are accepted as long as no fabric has been ordered or cut. The $50 design fee is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation by the buyer.
Returns and Exchanges
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can’t accept returns for:
Custom or personalized orders
Patterns (digital downloads or paper versions)
Digital downloads in general
All items are thoroughly checked and inspected before leaving my studio. Should your item still arrive damaged, please contact me within 2 days of the delivery, and do not throw away the packaging it came in, as evidence may be needed to file a claim with postal services. There are no returns or exchanges accepted on patterns (pdf and paper versions).
For EU customers, due to EU law, returns are accepted by contacting me within 14 days of receipt of the item. This does not apply to custom-made orders.
Digital downloads: no refunds are given
Custom orders: refunds are given only if the cancellation is made before any fabric has been ordered or, if I have the fabric in stock, cut.
All my items are shipped using Canada Post.
Shipping times within Canada can take up to 6-8 business days.
Shipping to the USA may take up to 7-10 business days.
International orders can take 10 business days or more, depending on location.
All orders are shipped with tracking and insurance.
These are approximate shipping times and not guaranteed.
Please message me if you require a different shipping option.
Border Issues and Customs Fees
While I take care to fill out the customs forms properly, parcels may still be held up at the border. I am unfortunately unable to do anything about that.
If your package does not turn up within the expected timeframe, please contact me and I will do my best to rectify the situation! However, please be aware that Canada Post doesn’t consider a parcel ‘lost’ in the post until it has been a full 30 days (45 days for overseas orders) from the date of shipping, and I will not replace or refund an item sooner than this.
I do not accept responsibility for any customs issues, costs, or refusals. If you are concerned about your country’s customs laws or costs, please investigate before purchase. If a package comes back to me from customs in the original condition, I will refund the purchase price (excluding shipping cost), or resend at your request and expense. Refunds for custom orders due to border issues are handled on a case by case basis
Custom Order Policy
- Please fill in the form at the bottom of this page, or send me an email with your request, including details such as size, colours, special occasion, links or pictures of quilts that speak to you, and when you need it finished by (especially if it’s for a special occasion). Please note that quilts will take 4-8 weeks from the time fabric is cut.
- I will reply to confirm whether I have room in my books to finish the quilt in the timeframe you need it, and to confirm your design ideas, to make sure we’re both on the same page. I will also give you a preliminary quote at that time, so you have an idea of the approximate price.
- With the basics ironed out, as soon as you confirm that you’d like to go ahead I send you a Paypal invoice for the design fee of $50. This fee is non-refundable, and will be applied towards the final price of the quilt.
- Once I receive the payment, I will get to work designing your quilt according to your brief. I will send you my design idea(s) to approve, and will at that point be able to give you a final quote (which should not be too far off the original one, but does depend on the complexity of the final design). If you’d like to change anything in the designs, I include up to 4 revisions in my design fee. Additional revisions will be $15 each. Please note that a revision only extends to changes within an existing design.
- If you’re happy with the design and ready to go ahead with the commission, I will send you a Paypal invoice for 75% of the cost, minus the design fee (not including additional revisions). Once you have paid the fees, I will go ahead and order fabrics and start working on the quilt.
- I will send you photos of the finished quilt (and possibly a few along the way) and send an invoice for the remaining 25%, plus shipping (if shipping outside of Canada or the USA). Once I receive the payment, I will carefully package and ship the quilt to you or your intended recipient.
My patterns are tested by multiple pattern testers, but sometimes a typo can still sneak in. If you do find an error, please check the pattern corrections page for updates. If you are the first one to notice a mistake, please let me know by emailing me at hello (at) pennyspoolquilts (dot) com so I can update the pattern and list the updates on the site.