I am currently accepting orders for Winter/Spring 2020
Are you looking to add that special touch to your home? Or perhaps you have a special occasion coming up where a custom quilt would be the perfect present?
I’d love to help you design your own one-of-a-kind quilt!
The custom order process is pretty simple, but it can seem daunting when you’ve never done this before.
Let me help you by giving you an outline of the steps:
There are many ways to go about deciding what kind of quilt you’d like.
Inspiration – have a look around online for quilts that speak to you. I can’t copy someone else’s design, but I can use other designers’ patterns, or design something based on the style and feel of a quilt or even a picture
Scale and Colour – I can scale a previously made quilt design up or down in size, and adjust its colours to suit your space
Simply Modern – choose a design from my portfolio (coming soon, in the meantime, please click here) of simple, modern layouts, tell me the colours you’d like and I’ll make the quilt
Blank Check – tell me the colours and size, and I’ll design a custom quilt just for you
Not quite ready to commit? Sign up to my custom quilts newsletter to hear about new designs, current timelines, and helpful tips and ideas.
To see my ready-to-ship quilts, check out my Etsy shop.
Once you know what you’d like, this will be the process we’ll go through:
- Fill in the form below and include any details you have, such as size, colours, special occasion, links or pictures of quilts that speak to you, and when you need it finished by (especially if it’s for a special occasion). Please note that quilts will take 4-8 weeks to complete from the time fabric is cut. This does not include design time or shipping.
- I will reply within 24 hours to confirm whether I am able to finish the quilt in the timeframe you need it, and to confirm your design ideas, to make sure we’re both on the same page. I will also give you a preliminary quote at that time, so you have an idea of the approximate price.
Skip to step 5 if you chose the “Simply Modern” option.
- With the basics ironed out, as soon as you confirm that you’d like to go ahead I will send you a PayPal invoice for the design fee of $50 (CAD). This fee is non-refundable and will be applied towards the final price of the quilt.
- Once I receive the payment, I will start designing your quilt according to your brief. I will send you my design idea(s) to approve, and will at that point be able to give you a final quote. If you’d like to change anything in the designs, I include up to 4 revisions in my design fee. Additional revisions will be CAD15 each.
- If you’re happy with the design and ready to go ahead with the commission, I will send you an invoice for 75% of the quoted price (minus the design fee). Once I receive this payment, I will go ahead and order fabrics and start working on the quilt.
- I will send you photos of the finished quilt (and possibly a few along the way) along with the invoice for the remaining 25% of the fee (plus shipping if you are outside of Canada or the USA).
- Your quilt will be carefully packaged and sent on its way to you, or your intended recipient, as soon as I receive the final payment.
* Please note that quilts with personalization such as names, dates, team logos etc. will need to be paid in full at the time of confirmation.